LOVEmyBEACH Fylde coast officer, Emma Whitlock, has had another fantastic year working with volunteer groups, school children and local businesses to clean beaches on the Flyde coast; empowering communities to improve their bathing waters and beaches.
Here’s a snapshot of what Emma has been involved with:
- 11 beach clean groups, up from 9 last year
- 327 beach clean events compared to 279 last year
- 602 new volunteers attending beach clean events compared to 592 last year
- 8 beach cleans with 234 United Utilities staff and
- 3 beach cleans with 48 Environment Agency staff
- 10,220 volunteer hours given to cleaning beaches compared to 8,890 last year
- 7,670 bags of litter removed from beaches and estuaries, compared to 6,500 last year
We’d like to thank Emma for all of her hard work this year as well as all of the thousands of people who make LOVEmyBEACH what it is.
Please take 5 minutes to read through some of the achievements from 2017/18 in the report below: