Ready for some positive news? Take a look at what LOVEmyBEACH has achieved on the Fylde Coast in the last 12 months… All in the name of cleaner and safer beaches and seas!
It’s been another great year involving more interest in beach cleans than ever before, award winning volunteers, plastic reduction campaigns and strong relationships with communities, councils, schools and businesses! Take a look at our end of year report to find out more…
Here’s a snapshot of our achievements:
- 380+ beach clean events on the Fylde Coast – our first year reaching over one a day!
- 900+ new volunteers attending beach cleans (not including our monthly army of 200+ regulars)
- 50+ corporate groups took part in a beach clean
- 12,200+ volunteer hours given to cleaning beaches, saving the councils over £105,000
- 9,100+ bags of litter removed from beaches and estuaries
- 900+ school and college students took part in a beach clean, assembly or classroom session
- 1600+ individual people received our LOVEmyBEACH messages at our events
Please take 5 minutes to read about more of our achievements from 2019/20 in the report below (just click the link):
We’d like to thank all our volunteers, partners and supporters for their hard work over the last 12 months as without you LOVEmyBEACH would not create even half the impact!